Fantastically well-maintained example of the Philippe Briand designed Grand Soleil 56 aft cockpit performance cruising yacht. Presented in great condition inside and out.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 2007 as ALBERTONE and very lightly used in both of her original ownerships, BLUE CORAL was bought in 2012 by her current owner. She has been used for cruising in Italy and Spain.
Her specification highlights are numerous, but particular highlights include:-
- 3-cabin, 3-head layout
- Crew cabin
- Larger 110hp Yanmar option with updated hydraulic transmission
- Recently checked standing rigging
- Upgraded Harken electric winch package with german main sheet for three speed option
- Max Prop feathering prop
- Retractable bowthruster
- Twin alternator
- Twin reverse cycle air conditioning system
- Holding tank
- Spectra Newport watermaker
BLUE CORAL is now offered for sale in 100% turn-key order as her owners would like to move on to fresh projects.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-Ocean.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
- Stratified unidirectional fibreglass offering a tensile strength of up to 25 kg/mm².
- NPG isophthalic gelcoats, NEOGEL and vinylester resin are applied to the first layers of the hull.
- Bulkheads laminated with 60mm flanges for increased adhesion to GRP
- Hot galvanised steel grid structure for transferance of rigging and keel loads
- Stainless steel chainplates with 27mm rods secured to grid structure
- White gelcoat hull and deck finish
- Blue waterline stripe and cavita line
- Deck construction in GRP with termanto foam core for increased insulation, shear strength and durability
- Side decks, coachroof, cockpit seating and cockpit sole in laid teak with black caulking
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydrodynamically designed fin keel with lead bulb
- The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
- The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass with internal 300mm stainless steel plates attached to 60mm diameter stainless steel stock.
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH4-HTE , 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 110HP @ 3200 rpm
- Hydraulically actuated multi-disc clutch – 2013
- Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
- Engine housing lifts on gas struts.
- Lewmar stainless steel single lever throttle/gear control in cockpit
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: Unknown
- Date of last engine service: Summer 2019
- Paguro 8500, 8KW diesel generator – replaced in 2019
Propulsion & Steering:
- Solimar twin steering pedestals
- Max Prop 3-bladed feathering propeller – serviced 2013
- MAX Power 24vDC retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal
- Solimar emergency steering gear
- 24vDC primary domestic system with 230v AC via shorepower or generator
- 1x 12vDC engine start batteries – 2019
- 6x 12vDC domestic batteries joined in parallel – 2014
- 1x 12vDC generator start battery – 2019
- Emergency parallel switch for engine and service battery banks
Charging / Inverter:
- Victron automatic battery charger
- 80A 12vDC alternator on engine
- 80A 24vDC secondary high-output alternator on engine
- Marinco 30Amp shorepower supply with ring main and 230v AC sockets in interior
- 12v sockets at chart table and in cockpit
- Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 24vDC pressure system
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
- Spectra Newport watermaker making approx. 120 litres per hour
- 3x manual bilge pumps in cockpit, below decks and forward sail locker
- 2x 24vDC high capacity electric bilge pump with manual overrides
- 3x 24vDC shower drain pumps
- Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit
- Gas system certified
- 420 litres diesel capacity
- Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
- 600 litres fresh water capacity
- Analogue water tank gauge at chart table
- Black water holding tank servicing all heads
- Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine E80 digital colour GPS chart plotter radar display
- Raymarine GPS transducers
- Raymarine digital closed-array radar scanner on mast
- Raymarine ST6000 Smart Pilot autopilot control with T2 linear driven
- 2x Raymarine ST60+ wind display with transducer
- Raymarine depth display with transducer
- 2x Raymarine i50 speed displays with transducer
- Plastimo steering compass as companionway
- Raymarine ST70 multi display
At Chart Table:
- Dell laptop PC with chart software and GPS connection
- AIS Type-B transceiver
- Clock & barometer on main bulkhead
- Raymarine Ray55E VHF with DSC
- Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
- 3-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
- Top-opening fridge with 24vDC compressor
- Front opening fridge with 24vDC compressor
- Microwave oven
- Manual Jabsco heads in aft heads compartments and crew cabin
- Automatic heads in forward master cabin
- Heads showers with electric pump out
- Stainless steel sinks
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in all cabins and saloon
- Interior lighting
- Red night lighting at galley and chart table
- BOSE radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and speakers in cockpit
- LCD TV with decoder
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aft cockpit layout with up to six full length berths in three double cabins plus two further saloon settee berth and crew cabin forward. Forward and aft day heads with showers.
- Marine grade waterproof core, faced with selected teak is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
- Specially selected solid teak in frames and doors.
- All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
- Ceiling, topsides and minor visible hull sides with foam backed vinyl.
- Hull sides, bottom, bilge, etc top-coated throughout the interior.
- Cabin sole board finished in simulated teak and holly spline
- Locker doors have upgraded stainless steel hinges
- Acrylic stone counters in galley
- Cushions in high quality foam with first class upholstery.
- Blue fabric upholstery in saloon – seat covers replaced 2017
- Bedding and recovering of mattresses – winter 2018/19
- White upholstery in accommodation cabins
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- White cloth curtains
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Island double berth
- Twin settees, various storage compartments and hanging locker
- Master cabin en suite heads with shower, wash hand basin and sea toilet.
- Shower panel replacement with stainless steel
- Spacious saloon with large dinette and second settee, dinette has the added capability to convert to double berth for extra accommodation.
- Foldable LCD TV
- Various storage lockers, and light beige cabin upholstery throughout.
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- Stainless steel grab handles
- Front opening fridge
- Forward facing chart table, located to starboard with chart storage and navigation electronics centre.
- U shaped galley located to port comprising of gas hob with oven and grill, 2 fridges (original chest and additional upright), stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap.
- Numerous storage lockers and synthetic stone effect work tops.
- Stainless steel grab handles.
- Heads compartment with shower, wash hand basin, sea toilet, storage/vanity unit.
- Equal aft cabins with double berths and lee-cloths
- Hanging lockers with seat.
- Cabinet above bed along hull side.
- Door to main saloon from starboard and port guest cabins.
- Sparcraft aluminium anodised spars
- Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – serviced 2019
- Split backstay with Navtec hydraulic adjuster
- Genoa furler
- Rod Vang
- Harken genoa tracks
- German mainsheet system with Harken full-width mainsheet track in cockpit forward of helms
- Equipment for symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers
- Navtec hydraulic adjusters for backstay, vang, main
- 2x Harken 60.2 STE 2-speed manual self-tailing primary winches
- 2x Harken 53.2 ST 2-speed electric self-tailing spinnaker winches
- 2x Harken 70.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing main control line winch. Third speed is provided via both main winches working simultaneously
- Zadro sails dynema membrane full batten main – 2015
- Zadro sails dynema membrane batten furling jib – 2015
- Gennaker with snuffer – 2007
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit.
- Teak step on pulpit
- Stainless steel guardwire stanchions
- Electric fold-out bathing platform
- Stern boarding ladder
- Scanstrut stainless steel radar antenna pole at stern
- Hot & cold shower in cockpit
- Removable cockpit table
- Stainless steel anti-wear plates on foredeck and at aft end of superstructure
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Quick 12vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control
- Anchor with chain
- Anchor harm electric operating
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- White canvas mainsail cover
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and grabrail
- Bimini with stainless steel frame
- White canvas wheel
- Winter canvas
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.